Serenity

Serenity
© 2008-2015 Southern Simplicity All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Journey to Healthy Habits

I am not proud of the way I ate yesterday or today! Ugh! Too much junk and not enough water or healthy foods!! I do really want to lose the 20 pounds left from baby and then an additional 15-20 to be back where I felt like I looked really good!! Not only do I want the pounds to come off, but I do want to tone up along the journey too. I lack discipline & self control. Two things that I need to work on.

I did manage to get a walk in today though..almost a mile and a half. That makes almost 5 miles in the last week and a half. It's not a lot, but it's a start and I'm getting out of the house. As said, I didn't eat real well today..the healthiest thing I had was some cottage cheese. I know it's not an overnight, immediate change but it sure is frustrating!!

This morning while I was sitting on my bed rocking my baby back to sleep, I did something I haven't done in months. I pulled out my Bible and read through a few passages. Parts of Psalm 62 & Psalm 18 & Romans 8 were all portions that were on my mind and it felt so good to read them again. This is another part of the journey....to dive back into the Word and God's will and re-learn to rely on him not only in the good but also in the hard times.

This is a journey....hopefully a life changing journey. Not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I do not want to be the mom that cannot keep up with her kids because she is so out of shape or overweight (or has other health issues from not taking care of herself). I want my children to grow up in the faith. I want my children to learn how to be godly by us being parents of example. I want them to yearn to dive into their Bibles, sing praises, and trust in our awesome God!

But this is a journey I am not alone on. I have several friends on the same or similar journey and we are supporting each other through texts, emails, even Bible studies, and becoming better Mom's (those of us who are).

Certainly this will not be an overnight change to our lives but rather a life long journey we will walk down together and celebrate our triumphs, evaluate our failures, and learn to praise our God every step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! My son and I just joined a Presbyterian church close to our house. Would you like to go with us sometime? I'll even come get you :) I'm wanting to read the Bible for the first time...I find that I start it, get overwhelmed, and stop. But, in my heart, I'm really trying to change and become more like a Proverbs 31 type woman! You already know I will DEFINITELY be your exercise buddy, so we can be Bible study buddies too if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete