Serenity

Serenity
© 2008-2015 Southern Simplicity All Rights Reserved

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Gods works with Pinterest & Facebook

Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."

This is a verse that has come to mind a lot this last week. There is so much going on and as far as the Hello Morning challenge...I haven't really done much towards it to be completely honest. I did walk and I have been in the Word but haven't made it a point to get up early or such.

Here is what God has opened my heart to this last week....

Hubby and I have basically been in a rough patch for the last 2 years. We made a move that looked like, sounded like, and felt like the best thing for us and our future. As it often happens, we quickly discovered it was not. And we have been trying to get out of that hole ever since. 

We've been married a year in April and we are both stubborn and independent people. This week, on Pinterest, I found a couple websites that list "100+ things to do with your husband" lists. And it doesn't include watching TV. I posted those to Facebook and asked my husband to list his top six favorites off both lists. He then turned around and asked me to list my top five. We listed different ones so together we have 22 different things we can do together and in our marriage. 

Something changed that night between us. Suddenly, I realized that I had not been letting him or encouraging him to be the head of our home. I said I was, but I really wasn't. Suddenly, it was more important to ultimately let him make the final decision on matters and for me to support that decision. We agreed that it is important for us to discuss my opinion/thoughts on the matter, but for the big things in our life (such as a move), he had the final say. We agreed that little things, (such as how to organize the closet) are more my ultimate decision. Again, we agreed that we can lay each of our opinions on the matter out on the table. 

I don't know exactly what it was, or how it came about, but this week I feel like my marriage became stronger, our love became deeper, and our bond became stronger. 

What does this have to do with the verse at the beginning? I think it is because I have begun to get back into the Word that God is allowing that to strengthen our marriage/relationship. 

God works in mysterious ways....but apparently, He also works through Pinterest and Facebook! ;) 

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment