Serenity

Serenity
© 2008-2015 Southern Simplicity All Rights Reserved

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baby Talk

My baby girl is almost 9.5 weeks old!! 
How did that happen?!?

We have completely grown out of newborn size clothes and diapers. It makes me a little sad to accept that fact! She sleeps in her crib for most of her naps and at night. Recently, she has begun to reach for and grab toys!! I have been trying to get her to do this for weeks so for me this is so exciting!! She loves, loves, loves music!! In the mornings, when we cuddle in my bed, I will play a few of the music videos (sofia the first, winnie the pooh, etc) for her and she is entranced! Many times she will "dance" to the music! She is a very happy baby...almost always smiling, unless she's hungry or needs to be changed! She smiles at us when we come in to view and/or talk to her! We recently had to move the straps up on her car seat, too...another sign she is growing up too fast!

She still loves car rides, stroller rides, and baby-wearing! I am learning new ways of baby-wearing and can't wait to try out a few new ones! And of course she loves to just be held! We're up to between 5 & 6 ounces of formula (which means a can goes by very fast) !! Doctor appointment this coming Friday will tell us how long she is and how much weight she has gained! 

She loves going for walks with me or running errands. Of course, she sleeps the entire time, but I love watching her sleep so that's fine with me! I know one day soon she's going to be awake and potentially not enjoy those trips as much, so I cherish every minute!

A friend of ours gave us a Bumbo seat but she isn't quite to the point where she is able to hold her head up completely on her own without bobbing! She's sat in it a couple times with me right beside her...I don't think she's real sure about what to do! She never has adjusted to liking her swing...we haven't tried it in a while but maybe now that she is older she would enjoy it more. She's not a fan of tummy time except when she's laying on my chest. She can hold her head up very well when she's on my chest but when I put her on her tummy she just fusses and burrows her face into the blanket. Now, I'm not trying to rush her--she's "advance" when she's ready--but I have to give her the option from time to time!

I absolutely LOVE being a Mommy!! It's changed my life in more ways than I ever though possible!! I strive to choose to spend time with her versus the laundry, the dishes, etc. Some days it's hard, especially with my personality, but it is always worth it! Especially since she is growing up way too fast!!

It does sadden me that her sisters haven't met her yet and vice versa. (For those who are new...my husband has two daughters from his 1st marriage. They are 4 & 5 and live in VA with their mom). We have not been financially able to make the 12-14 hour drive (round trip) to pick them up since before she was born. I'm praying that this year is a better year all around and that we will be able to see them more often!

I love hearing my baby girl "talk" and make such soft noises as she's laying in her crib staring at all there is to see. I love it when she snuggles into my arms or chest and sleeps peacefully. I love watching her eyes light up when her daddy comes into her sight or when she hears him speak. I love her smiles and silliness! I love everything about my baby girl!! We have been so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment