Serenity

Serenity
© 2008-2015 Southern Simplicity All Rights Reserved

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Side Trip through Psalms


It has been a very long and low week and I have not succeeded very many days of reading, praying, planning, or exercising. This is a very low place in our lives right now and each day seems to be more hopeless without any answers.

I, however, this week have been drawn back into the Psalms. Psalm 23 has stood out to me the last couple of days. A particular part of P23: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me..." (Psalm 23: 4a).

*I actually prefer it out of the KJV but NIV is easier for some to understand.*


A psalm of David.
"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,  he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk  through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,  for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;     my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me  all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


I was gently reminded this week by a very sweet lady that even in the hard times, I am to worship and praise God and spend time with Him and pray. Oh, I know all this  *head knowledge*, but putting it into action *heart knowledge* takes time and dedication and discipline, and to be quite honest I have fallen by the wayside more times than I can count. Even though I know firsthand the power of prayer, power of God, and the rewards of being faithful, it is hard to put it into action when you are in the valley. But that is where we desperately need to remember to be faithful in our walks. I am striving to return to my walk with God. To make the necessary changes in my life to find the discipline of digging, not just reading, but DIGGING into the Word again! To talk to my God as my best Friend; my Father; Everlasting Love; Giver of PEACE; Healer of broken hearts; Giver of grace & forgiveness.

"Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5) (See YouTube video of song, "Yes Lord, Yes Lord" aka "Trading my Sorrows" here).

As we journey on together, and learn or relearn how to get out of bed with a purpose, spend time with our God, exercise for better health (to be better women), and learn how to prioritize and plan our days, let's remember and remind each other that our God is an awesome, fearless God! There will be joy out of all of our sorrows, because He is a God who is able!

No comments:

Post a Comment