Serenity

Serenity
© 2008-2015 Southern Simplicity All Rights Reserved

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stress

Stress will do many things to a person. It will make them irritable and tired; frustrated and easily provoked. It hampers common sense and it raises blood pressure. Stress has been the name of my days lately. Not really work, other than long hours. Church...a little bit...I'm unsure of what I'm supposed to be doing now. Marriage...ah yes...quite a bit but its mainly because there are 2 stubborn people living together, trying to learn the art of give and take. I guess there are lots of little things that I let stress me out...things like, not having the house spotless, laundry done, yard cleaned up, shopping done, etc. My desk as we speak is a total mess of paperwork, pens, electronics, and more. My coffee table has tons of magazines/catalogs and other miscellaneous on it. Not to mention my dining room table, our nightstands, and my kitchen counters! I hate clutter, but have a hard time letting go of anything. I believe in: "a place of everything and everything in its place" and yet, I don't seem to have a place for everything. I stress because I can't give my foster dogs the time and attention they need/deserve. I stress because there doesn't always seem to be enough money for all the bills, gas, groceries and extras. I stress because I badly want to paint my house and put hard flooring in, but there isn't enough money right now to do that. I stress because I want to lose 20lbs, but am not motivated enough to exercise regularly or constantly eat right! I think I need a vacation away from everything! A hideaway in the mountains or a cottage on the beach. Somewhere to go that is peaceful, non-commercialized, relaxing, quiet...with no phone to answer, no email to check, no dogs to take out, no house to clean or dishes to do or dinner to cook. Just to get away from everything and revamp! ~~~

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! I hope things will be better soon, and that ya'll had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete