Serenity

Serenity
© 2008-2015 Southern Simplicity All Rights Reserved

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Praising God for his Work

Beautiful Saturday morning here in the middle of GA!  

Have you ever been called by God to do something that you just feel honored to do? Recently I have felt the tug on my heart to pray for a few specific people in my life. A few to pray for their salvation and a couple to stand in the gap with them and pray for God's specific will in their life right now. It is a blessing and an honor to be able to do that. I am so thankful for what God is doing in my life. I feel considerably blessed to be able to use the challenges, trials, and victories God has given to me in the last couple of years to encourage someone else who may be going through similar situations, or just going through hard times. I know that my God has supplied all my needs and continues to do so everyday. There is a burning desire in my heart to share that with everyone I know, but especially those who are facing tough times. I have to stop myself from practically begging people to know God like I do. To know the awesome feeling of Him making everything right in my life. There are a few specific people in my life that do not know the Lord and do not share the faith that I do. The way I believe has been changed since Catalyst became a part of my life and I now know what it is like to have a real, personal relationship with God. I know what it's like to watch Him work in MY life and to see the things he is doing specifically and every day! I know what it is like to be a part of a family of fellow believers who believe in being REAL every DAY with each other, who truly share each others burdens, praises, needs, and life! We share the valley's that we face every day; we share the climb to the mountaintop; we share the victory when we reach the mountaintop; we carry each other when we're weak; we celebrate when we're strong; we share happy times and sad; we know that we can trust each other no matter what; we don't think anything of reaching out to help not only each other, but also those within our families, friends, and our communities (which includes perfect strangers)!! It is a blessing and a privilege to reach out to someone we've never met and enrich their life simply by being willing and faithful to do what God has called each of his children to do. 
I am so very very blessed to be surrounded by these people who truly care about me in a way that only my fellow sisters and brothers in Christ can care. To know that no matter how far away I go, and no matter what I do, no matter what life throws at me, and no matter what may happen in my life....these people love me enough to encourage me when I'm down, pray for me in everything, give me a "spiritual talking to" when I need it, and love me for who I am!!! 


(to be continued....)

No comments:

Post a Comment